Our Outdoor area is an important part of nursery life and we offer 2 large spaces at Shanklin Day Nursery. We believe that being outdoors amongst natures enables children to thrive by learning, playing and growing throughout the seasons.
Our very large and spacious Outdoor Area offers a variety of stimulating and interesting opportunities for your child to explore in a secure environment including:
- A large safety all-weather surface area allows year-round outdoor enjoyment and facilitates our Kits Academy Football coaching sessions and physical play.
- A substantial section of the garden is equipped for more challenging and risky play for our older children, including obstacle courses, climbing wall and lots of trees to climb.
- Our mud kitchen area offers opportunities for creativity, imagination and developing social skills whilst having lots of fun.
- Our water wall and threading areas offer opportunities for physical development and problem solving.
- We have a large growing vegetable patch and fruit trees where the children learn to grow and care for vegetables, and then cook using our home grown produce to learn about healthy eating.
- Our mini beast hotel is a popular area of the garden where children carefully observe and learn about insects in their natural habitat.
- A variety of playhouses and climbing equipment allow children to climb and slide as well as providing a base for a variety of role play games.
The baby area also have their own private baby garden which is a large open plan space and offers free flow from our Busybee Room. Children can participate in a variety of activities including messy play, kitchen role play, sensory play, mark making and physical play including slides and climbing.